- 1A round patty of ground beef, fried or grilled and typically served on a bun or roll and garnished with various condiments.More example sentences
- Steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and pork chops are usually grilled.
- What this basically means is that they serve hamburgers, tuna sandwiches, chicken wings and hot dogs in addition to the jerks, rotis and curries.
- They butchered a steer and served hamburgers and steaks to the family.
- 1.1North American Ground beef.More example sentences
- I could turn a big lump of cheap meat into short ribs, prime ribs, rib eyes, deckle steaks, and high-quality hamburger.
- This time we just had the whole animal made into hamburger.
- I know to use ground chuck instead of hamburger or even ground loin.
late 19th century (originally US): from German, from Hamburg1.
More definitions of hamburgerDefinition of hamburger in:
- The British & World English dictionary