A small settlement, generally one smaller than a village.
- The Slovak settlement pattern includes hamlets or colonies, villages, towns, and cities.
- In northern Sweden it was not uncommon for a dozen or more villages and hamlets to share a church.
- Clémence Massart has been bringing Éigse out of the galleries and into the towns and villages and hamlets of Carlow this week.
Words that rhyme with hamletcandlelit
Hamlet without the Prince
- A performance or event taking place without the principal actor or central figure.Example sentences
- ‘I want people to watch this film as they would watch Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark in it,’ he says, adding later that ‘the anger in me is now gone’.
- Still without ace marksman we were a Shakesperean version of Hamlet without the Prince, and only in his absence could one come to fully appreciate the enormous impact he had on the game until the point of his withdrawal.
- It's a bit like Hamlet without the Prince - less than 18 days away from the biggest GAA extravaganza to hit Sligo in many years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan