Definition of hamster in English:
A solitary burrowing rodent with a short tail and large cheek pouches for carrying food, native to Europe and northern Asia.
- Subfamily Cricetinae, family Muridae: several genera and species, in particular the golden hamster (Mesocricetus auratus), often kept as a pet or laboratory animal, and the common hamster (Cricetus cricetus)
- Most people are familiar with mice, rats, hamsters, and guinea pigs, which are commonly kept as pets.
- Donkeys, dogs, gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, parrots and newts are most likely to get a present.
- In case you ever have a problem identifying rodents again, hamsters are cute and stuff food into their cheeks.
Words that rhyme with hamsterBaxter • prankster
Definition of hamster in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan