- 1The emergency or parking brake on a motor vehicle.More example sentences
- Vandals have left a trail of destruction across a Yorkshire town by releasing handbrakes of cars parked on steep hills.
- Her son Bill said: ‘I do not know if the driver's handbrake failed or if it was not put on.’
- The rather unusual handbrake, now part of the facia and no longer between the seats, takes a bit of getting used to, but is extremely efficient and easy to operate, once your left hand remembers where it is!
More definitions of handbrakeDefinition of handbrake in:
- The British & World English dictionary