Definition of handclap in English:
A clap of the hands: the switch is sensitive enough to be activated by a handclap
More example sentences
- Snares turn into handclaps, drums fall in and out of the mix, the beat sounds like it's running backwards - to which Jackson responds by singing wordless falsetto over the top.
- The sixth track features very spare handclaps and single, fingerpicked guitar tones in what seems like a take on traditional Japanese court music.
- The single Time of My Life encapsulates their bluff blokeyness: handclaps, chants and a thank you to their mate Mr Budweiser.
- Example sentences
- Suddenly, the sound of two dainty hands clapping.
- I then distinctly heard a clumping noise just like a hand clapping on a shoulder.
- Once you're using handclapping or stomping, people tend to make an association with folklore, with oral cultures.
Definition of handclap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan