1A handle for holding onto something.
- In operations during hours of darkness, enemy positions were marked using the 9mm laser mounted on the handgrip of the 9mm pistol.
- The proportions were odd, with cut-down stocks and a smaller handgrip to accommodate shorter trigger fingers.
- A brass plate on the underside of the handgrip handle reads: Patented Dec.8, 1883.
2A grasp with the hand, especially considered in terms of its strength, as in a handshake.
- Free-testosterone concentrations did not correlate with handgrip or quadriceps muscle strength or endurance.
- Strength and endurance of handgrip were tested in 9 hypogonadal and 10 eugonadal patients.
- Isometric handgrip exercise seems to significantly reduce systolic blood pressure and carotid arterial distensibility.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of handgrip in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.