- 1A cellular phone: many stolen handsets are believed to end up in Eastern EuropeMore example sentences
- Get another mobile connection for home, after all, handsets come so cheap these days
- Manufacturers of phones should inscribe a warning on the handsets to make the users aware of hazards mobile phones can cause.
- By the end of this year or early 2003, expect to see handsets with Java capabilities.
- 1.1The part of a telephone that is held up to speak into and listen to.More example sentences
- He's devised a way to hook up vintage telephone handsets to a standard cell phone.
- It's almost as impressive as these mobile phone handsets modeled on old Bakelite telephones from the 1950s.
- These are transmitters that use radio waves to communicate with mobile phone handsets.
- 1.2A handheld controller for a piece of electronic equipment, such as a television or video recorder.More example sentences
- This locking device can be released by car park porters who will be carrying two handsets called cart controllers.
- If Microsoft controls the handset, it tightens its grip on all the other pieces.
- In other words, the handset makers and network equipment vendors are in for years of tough negotiations.
More definitions of handsetDefinition of handset in:
- The British & World English dictionary