Definition of handwriting in English:
1Writing with a pen or pencil.
- It's a page torn from a school notebook, slanting scrawled handwriting on it.
- Alert as ever he wrote me an interesting letter in copperplate handwriting.
- Zoom in on the pages - read Leonardo's handwriting [handy mirror tool supplied].
1.1A person’s particular style of writing: her handwriting was small and neat
More example sentences
- And the style of your handwriting at that point of time could bare your soul in the presence of others.
- The handwriting and style were that of a class geek that Jeremy probably bullied into writing.
- Style, flair, neatness and layout of handwriting are the criteria that judges use to assess the entries.
the handwriting (or writing) is on the wall
- There are clear signs that something unpleasant or unwelcome is going to happen: the handwriting was on the wall for the old system[with biblical allusion to Dan. 5:5, 25–8]More example sentences
- I have to ask, Senator McConnell, if the handwriting is on the wall, then why wait until September?
- Mitch McConnell thinks ‘that the handwriting is on the wall that we are going in a different direction in the fall, and I expect the president to lead it.’
- And yet, as with the eventual victory of packet switching over dedicated circuits for voice and data traffic, the handwriting is on the wall.