- Be in a highly precarious state.More example sentences
- But whatever had triggered it - impulsiveness, buttressing his position, or to soothe whatever remained of his conscience - his position hung by a thread.
- Now Louis is fully recovered, and it is hard to believe looking at this happy little boy that his life once hung by a thread.
- The tax authorities must be aware that York City's future hangs by a thread.
More definitions of hang by a threadDefinition of hang by a thread in:
- The British & World English dictionary