- Denoting or possessing a genetic system in which females develop from fertilized (diploid) eggs and males from unfertilized (haploid) ones.More example sentences
- Easypop can simulate haploid, diploid, or haplodiploid organisms.
- However, results for X-linked loci are also generally applicable to any haplodiploid genetic system.
- The most common mode of haplodiploid reproduction is arrhenotoky where males develop from unfertilized haploid eggs and females from fertilized diploid eggs.
More definitions of haplodiploidDefinition of haplodiploid in:
- The British & World English dictionary