- Of or relating to the sense of touch, in particular relating to the perception and manipulation of objects using the senses of touch and proprioception.More example sentences
- A haptic pointing device includes a plurality of rigid, elongated proximal members, each connected to a separate rigid, elongated distal member through an articulating joint.
- In February 2002, US-based Immersion filed a lawsuit against Microsoft and Sony for patent-infringement, for use of its haptic, or touch, technology.
- Some virtual worlds provide auditory and haptic information.
late 19th century: from Greek haptikos 'able to touch or grasp', from haptein 'fasten'.
More definitions of hapticDefinition of haptic in:
- The British & World English dictionary