- A porpoise with a dark gray back shading to white underparts, found in the coastal waters of North America and northern Europe. Also called common porpoise.
More example sentences
- Phocoena phocoena, family Phocoenidae
- Length seems to be of biological importance for the common dolphin, the pilot whale, and the harbor porpoise.
- Dall's porpoise, harbor porpoise and Pacific white-sided dolphins are the most common of the porpoise/dolphins off Washington.
- This harbor porpoise died after becoming entangled in a fishing net.