Definition of hard fern in English:
A European fern of heathy places, with long, narrow, leathery fronds consisting of a row of thin lobes on each side of the stem.
- Blechnum spicant, family Blechnaceae
- In addition to the fir trees there are rowan, macrocarpa, eucalyptus and larch, and some native plants such as hard fern, matagouri, tussock, manuka, coprosma, and dracophyllum (the grass tree).
- The hard fern is one of the few plants which remain green throughout the winter.
- Navelwort, mosses and hard ferns grow on the ‘ditches’, the word use in Ireland for field walls.
Definition of hard fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan