nounBritish • informal
- A tough, aggressive, or insensitive person.More example sentences
- New coach Graham Henry made it his No.1 priority when he replaced John Mitchell in December last year and set about picking a number of experienced hard nuts such as Keith Robinson, Carl Hayman and Jono Gibbes.
- For us, speedway as practised in Wolverhampton et al may be the sport of hard nuts, but for the ice-racers of Sweden, Finland and Russia it is the sport of chickens.
- Plus I'm guessing it'll be populated by wannabe hard nuts.
More definitions of hard nutDefinition of hard nut in:
- The British & World English dictionary