Definition of hardhead in English:
noun(also hardhead catfish)
A marine catfish, the male of which incubates the eggs inside its mouth. It occurs along the Atlantic coast of North America.
- Arius felis, family Ariidae
- Many human mothers have serious cravings while pregnant, but a hardhead catfish father needs to check his appetite if he wants his young to survive.
- Once in the pots and unable to escape, both hardheads and striped bass feed on the trapped crabs.
- Species that fall into this category include sand trout, whiting, croaker, pompano, gafftopsail and hardhead (not tasty) catfish, and an assortment of even smaller fish that hang around rocks and pilings.
Definition of hardhead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia