- The nonliving or man-made fixtures of a planned outdoor area: before you begin to implement your plan, consider the hardscape of your ornamental gardenMore example sentences
- ‘That's especially valuable in small gardens, where the proportion of hardscape to planting areas is always greater,’ Clark says.
- Clark added flower beds between the flagstone paving and the covered dining area, softening the hardscape and making a room divider.
- Design and construction professionals call the nonliving components of any landscape the hardscape.
More definitions of hardscapeDefinition of hardscape in:
- The British & World English dictionary