Definition of hardware in English:
1Tools, machinery, and other durable equipment: tanks and other military hardware
More example sentences
- The reliability of military equipment and hardware is also on a steady decline.
- Global politics shift, military hardware and strategies are tried and tested and new forms of protest emerge.
- Yet for all the talk of military hardware and holy war, little time is devoted to what happens if it goes wrong.
1.1The machines, wiring, and other physical components of a computer or other electronic system. Compare with software.
- This avoids the complications that often result from putting old hardware into new equipment.
- The development and testing of the Alarm hardware was a lengthy and challenging process.
- It has put in - for free - Wi-Fi hardware equipment in a slew of hotels around Ireland.
1.2Tools, implements, and other items used in home life and activities such as gardening.
- They aren't expensive and are sold by DIY shops, hardware stores and locksmiths.
- Chris and her brother Jim run it alongside the grocery business, hardware store and fishing tackle shop.
- Retail products range from work wear and lawn and garden supplies to hardware and pet foods.
Words that rhyme with hardwareadware • flatware • glassware • shapewear
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.