(also haricot bean)
Definition of haricot in English:
1A bean of a variety with small white seeds, especially the kidney bean.
- I like to use asparagus and haricots verts, but you have to blanch them first.
- The ‘roast’ halibut looked a bit anaemic and was served on what is becoming a ubiquitous bland base for fish: leeks, haricots verts and asparagus.
- To make the haricot vert salad: In a bowl, combine the haricots verts, shallot, and walnut oil.
2The dried seed of the haricot bean used as a vegetable.
- Mushrooms, carrots, spinach, turnips, cabbage, peas, haricots, lima beans, and different herbs were the most common vegetables.
- The salads featured haricot and broad beans as well as couscous, brown rice and a green salad.
- By using cooked or canned beans (red kidney, haricot, whatever) and chicken breast, it all cooks very quickly into a lovely winter dish that makes eating your greens a pleasure.
Definition of haricot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan