- A slender North Atlantic seal that typically has a dark harp-shaped mark on its gray back.
More example sentences
- Pagophilus groenlandicus, family Phocidae
- The harp seal and the minke whale together consume about the same amount of biomass as the Norwegian fishermen land, i.e. about 3 million tonnes.
- These on-shore sightings may represent part of a general southward shift in the winter habitat of the harp seal noted in the early to mid 1990s in the open waters off Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The curious bearded seal and harp seal birth their pups nearby ice floes or merely bask in the warmth of the midnight sun.
More definitions of harp sealDefinition of harp seal in:
- The British & World English dictionary