nounNorth American • informal
- A cheap restaurant.More example sentences
- Lang, who lives with his sister and whose only friends are the kindly owner of a hash house where he eats and the owner's small but spirited son, is a typical high-minded loser.
- They have worked in the same hash house for some time before progressing to an ostensible one-night stand.
- I know every corner of downtown so well that I see the buildings that once occupied the parking lots, the fine old department stores, the marquees and awnings of the nightclubs and hash houses and chow mein joints.
More definitions of hash houseDefinition of hash house in:
- The British & World English dictionary