- A person who makes and sells hats.More example sentences
- What's posh and what's not is about to become clear, as a leading London hatters and milliners packs up its top hats and heads for the city in time for what is arguably York's grandest social event.
- Inorganic mercury poisoning historically has been linked to Roman slaves, who were exposed to mercury vapor while mining in Spain, and to Venetian mirror makers and the hatters of London.
- But what most of you may not know is that the mad hatter is based on a true story involving the hat makers in eighteenth century London who went mad from their lead hats.
More definitions of hatterDefinition of hatter in:
- The British & World English dictionary