Definition of hawk eagle in English:
A small tropical eagle with broad wings and a long tail, and typically a crest.
- Genera Spizaetus and Spizastur, family Accipitridae: several species
- Each spring, plants begin to bud and birds of prey such as golden eagles and mountain hawk eagles are propagating.
- Black hawk eagles are black overall in color, but have a bushy crest with white feathers.
- My dream trip is night hawk-hunting for spring hare with African hawk eagles in Zimbabwe.
Definition of hawk eagle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.