- 1Having very good eyesight.More example sentences
- With keen hawk-eyed vision, he spied his next target.
- 1.1Watching carefully; vigilant: a hawk-eyed policeman saved the lives of dozens of shoppersMore example sentences
- Jack was watching the proceedings, hawk-eyed.
- The hawk-eyed Food and Drug Administration deems lung - a common ingredient in haggis - to be unfit for human consumption.
- The wing entrance was particularly in need of cleaning but hawk-eyed members of the team were also disappointed with the quality of furniture and linen in some wards.