(also hawk's beard)
Definition of hawksbeard in English:
A plant of the daisy family that resembles a dandelion but has a branched stem with several flowers.
- Genus Crepis, family Compositae: several species, including the western hawksbeard (C. occidentalis), found in the rocky areas of the western and southwestern US, and the slender hawksbeard (C. atribarba), found in the open areas of western North America
- Asiatic false hawksbeard is found from Pennsylvania to Texas and all states southeast, as well as Hawaii.
- You'll find this most common of the hawksbeards ranging anywhere from a few inches to several feet in height.
- Hawksbeard is more likely to be found in crops and gardens.
Definition of hawksbeard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan