(also hawk's beard)
- A plant of the daisy family that resembles a dandelion but has a branched stem with several flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Crepis, family Compositae: several species, including the western hawksbeard (C. occidentalis), found in the rocky areas of the western and southwestern US, and the slender hawksbeard (C. atribarba), found in the open areas of western North America
- Asiatic false hawksbeard is found from Pennsylvania to Texas and all states southeast, as well as Hawaii.
- You'll find this most common of the hawksbeards ranging anywhere from a few inches to several feet in height.
- Hawksbeard is more likely to be found in crops and gardens.
More definitions of hawksbeardDefinition of hawksbeard in:
- The British & World English dictionary