- An allergy caused by pollen or dust in which the mucous membranes of the eyes and nose are itchy and inflamed, causing a runny nose and watery eyes.More example sentences
- Rhinitis is a symptom of the common cold and of hay fever.
- Identical questions were asked about asthma, hay fever, and respiratory symptoms at each survey.
- Sneezing, a blocked or runny nose and itchy eyes are common symptoms of hay fever, also called seasonal allergic rhinitis.
More definitions of hay feverDefinition of hay fever in:
- The British & World English dictionary