Definition of hazel grouse in English:
A small Eurasian woodland grouse with mainly grayish plumage.
- Bonasa bonasia, family Tetraonidae (or Phasianidae)
- There are wood grouses, black grouses, hazel grouses, partridges, nutcrackers, and others.
- This was followed by breast of hazel grouse with Madeira sauce.
- Pheasants, wild pigeons and hazel grouses live in the woods, and are never disturbed at the sight of humans.
Definition of hazel grouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan