- 1The imposition of strenuous, often humiliating, tasks as part of a program of rigorous physical training and initiation: army cadets were hospitalized for injuries caused by hazingMore example sentences
- Corporal punishment and physical hazing of American soldiers was still permitted, including use of the stockade.
- The facts of hazing are no secret to anyone in the units.
- Other incidents involving abusive hazing of Army recruits have also prompted criticism of the defense minister.
- 1.1Humiliating and sometimes dangerous initiation rituals, especially as imposed on college students seeking membership to a fraternity or sorority: seven officers of the fraternity were charged with hazingMore example sentences
- An initiation rite most often associated with fraternities and sororities, hazing isn't a new phenomenon in older kids and young adults.
- There is still much work to be done by Greek letter organization officials to convince students that hazing is illegal and will not be tolerated.
- College and athletic hazing can involve forcing people to remove their clothing in order to make them more vulnerable.
More definitions of hazingDefinition of hazing in:
- The British & World English dictionary