Definition of head louse in English:
A louse that infests the scalp and hair of the human head and is especially common among schoolchildren.
- Pediculus humanus capitis, family Pediculidae, order Anoplura. See also body louse
- An intense itch of a particular part of your body may be due to the presence of lice (body lice, head lice, pubic lice).
- It is a common mistake to associate head lice with dirty hair.
- People can be infested with three types of lice: body lice, head lice and crab or pubic lice.
Definition of head louse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.