- A louse that infests the scalp and hair of the human head and is especially common among schoolchildren.
More example sentences
- Pediculus humanus capitis, family Pediculidae, order Anoplura. See also body louse
- An intense itch of a particular part of your body may be due to the presence of lice (body lice, head lice, pubic lice).
- It is a common mistake to associate head lice with dirty hair.
- People can be infested with three types of lice: body lice, head lice and crab or pubic lice.
More definitions of head louseDefinition of head louse in:
- The British & World English dictionary