Definition of headache in English:
1A continuous pain in the head.
- The children who reported back pain also complained of abdominal pain, headaches and sore throats.
- Alternatively, there may be little ocular pain but severe headache and nausea or vomiting.
- Donna had a headache which developed into severe pain the following day.
1.1 informal A thing or person that causes worry or trouble; a problem: an administrative headache
More example sentences
- Now the only headache to worry about is a break-down or even worse an accident.
- But getting to that stage can be fraught with dilemma headaches and expense.
- The former gas works at Heworth Green has been a worry to residents and a headache to planners for years.
- Example sentences
- Already, I am feeling the headachy, irritability that I know to expect for the first 5 days - but I know that is because I had begun to cut down the numbers before today anyway… so I guess I cheated in a way…
- This can range from rolling over in your bed, turning off the alarm and noticing that you feel nauseous, headachy and out of sorts to awakening half-clothed in your closet and wondering why someone is banging on your head with a baseball bat.
- He's originally a guitarist, not a DJ, so he doesn't claim to be a master of beats - even if his midtempo breaks are remarkably satisfying, neither trip hop pokey nor hardcore headachy.