1A continuous pain in the head.
- The children who reported back pain also complained of abdominal pain, headaches and sore throats.
- Alternatively, there may be little ocular pain but severe headache and nausea or vomiting.
- Donna had a headache which developed into severe pain the following day.
1.1 informal A thing or person that causes worry or trouble; a problem: an administrative headache
More example sentences
- Now the only headache to worry about is a break-down or even worse an accident.
- But getting to that stage can be fraught with dilemma headaches and expense.
- The former gas works at Heworth Green has been a worry to residents and a headache to planners for years.
- Example sentences
- Already, I am feeling the headachy, irritability that I know to expect for the first 5 days - but I know that is because I had begun to cut down the numbers before today anyway… so I guess I cheated in a way…
- This can range from rolling over in your bed, turning off the alarm and noticing that you feel nauseous, headachy and out of sorts to awakening half-clothed in your closet and wondering why someone is banging on your head with a baseball bat.
- He's originally a guitarist, not a DJ, so he doesn't claim to be a master of beats - even if his midtempo breaks are remarkably satisfying, neither trip hop pokey nor hardcore headachy.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.