Definition of headquarters in English:
noun[treated as singular or plural]
1The premises occupied by a military commander and the commander’s staff.
- Its main generating unit was the staff headquarters of the Red Army's Rear Services.
- We received initial guidance from our higher headquarters and our commanding general.
- Their military headquarters were located at the Hotel Regina in Paris.
1.1The place or building serving as the managerial and administrative center of an organization.
- The tigers had to be moved more than 400 kilometres from the site to the headquarters of the centre.
- Which two trans national organisations have their headquarters in Brussels?
- The national headquarters is based at York University with a regional centre at Sheffield Hallam University.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan