Definition of headset in English:
1A set of headphones, typically with a microphone attached, used especially in telephone and radio communication.
- Each one of the guests in the cubicles were able to see various speakers on their monitor screens, hear them on their headphones, and speak to them over the microphones attached to the headsets they were wearing.
- We were both wearing headsets to enable communication, but whenever he turned his microphone on I was treated to blast of the noise levels where he was.
- The only sight more curious than me on a cell phone is that of people walking around wearing those telephone operator headsets, wires leading to what I can only assume is a plug somewhere on their person.
2The bearing assembly that links the front fork of a bicycle to its frame.
- The ZS is one of the best choices in integrated headsets because the bearings use a cup, rather than sitting directly within the frame.
- Record headsets use super-slick bearings, actually hold their adjustment, and are made of stuff so fine they just last and last - not quite forever, but darned close to it.
- The cup threads down to preload the bearings and adjust the headset independent of the stem.
Words that rhyme with headsetaigrette • asset • handset
Definition of headset in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan