- A dog trained to alert people who are deaf or hard of hearing to such sounds as the ringing of an alarm, doorbell, or telephone.More example sentences
- Yet it costs just as much to train a hearing dog and several months of training.
- Matthew led a sponsored cycle ride to help to buy a hearing dog for a profoundly deaf teacher at the college.
- If you start with a young puppy, the amount of time isn't usually too much more than what would be needed to train a hearing dog: about 30 to 45 minutes a day, plus one hour a week when you are in an obedience class.
More definitions of hearing dogDefinition of hearing dog in:
- The British & World English dictionary