- A sudden and sometimes fatal occurrence of coronary thrombosis, typically resulting in the death of part of a heart muscle.More example sentences
- This helps to slow the progression of coronary heart disease and makes a heart attack less likely.
- Being sedentary increases the risk of a heart attack or stroke by the same amount as smoking.
- While at home he became ill and eventually died alone after a heart attack.
More definitions of heart attackDefinition of heart attack in:
- The British & World English dictionary