Definition of heart attack in English:
A sudden and sometimes fatal occurrence of coronary thrombosis, typically resulting in the death of part of a heart muscle.
- This helps to slow the progression of coronary heart disease and makes a heart attack less likely.
- Being sedentary increases the risk of a heart attack or stroke by the same amount as smoking.
- While at home he became ill and eventually died alone after a heart attack.
heart attack on a plate
- informal An especially unhealthy meal, typically one that is high in saturated fat: a heart attack on a plate made with four beef patties and 20 slices of baconMore example sentences
- However, as years pass and good health becomes more important, these foods have become known as "heart attacks on a plate".
- Shouldn't parents know that their kids are eating a "heart attack on a plate"?
- "Double cheeseburgers and large portions of meat or chicken coated with Alfredo sauce are heart attacks on a plate," she states.
Definition of heart attack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.