Definition of heart urchin in English:
A heart-shaped burrowing sea urchin that has a thick covering of fine spines on the shell, giving it a furry appearance.
- Class Echinoidea, order Spatangoida
- The sandy patches yield burrowing starfish, rare delicate tube anemones, heart urchins, peacock flounders, and many species of nudibranch and sea hare.
- Occasionally, unusual events or creatures are seen - massed heart urchins for example, or odd fish such as tadpole fish, red mullet, and even trigger fish.
- So the heart urchin is considered to be secondarily bilaterally symmetrical.
Definition of heart urchin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India