- A state of uniform distribution of energy, especially viewed as a possible fate of the universe. It is a corollary of the second law of thermodynamics.More example sentences
- So many times over the last few weeks I have thought of something which I really want to talk about here but by the time I am sat down in front of the PC, all of it has become just rapidly dissipating energy in the heat death of the Universe.
- He describes how the universe might die a heat death, and also argues that it may be possible that a big crunch will occur instead.
- Learned readers will recall sadly that the end times are now upon us, and those of you still constrained to linear dimensions will most likely perish in the ensuing heat death of your universe.
More definitions of heat deathDefinition of heat death in:
- The British & World English dictionary