- Breathing that is audible through being deep or labored, especially in sleep or as a result of exertion.More example sentences
- Divine dreams of his precious student soon brought a soft smile to his face, his heavy breathing evidence of a deep sleep so rarely experienced by the opera ghost.
- He could hear breathing, heavy breathing that was not his own.
- The velvet darkness was still except for the regular, deep sound of heavy breathing, punctuated occasionally by a rumbling, contented purring snore.
More definitions of heavy breathingDefinition of heavy breathing in:
- The British & World English dictionary