- 1A type of highly amplified harsh-sounding rock music with a strong beat, characteristically using violent or fantastic imagery.More example sentences
- Before I had went to bed last night he was blasting some heavy metal rock music.
- This means hardcore fans of British heavy metal can finally get some respect.
- They have been smart enough to roll with the changes while staying true to their hard rock and heavy metal tunes.
- 2A metal of relatively high density, or of high relative atomic weight.More example sentences
- For example, tobacco plants can absorb heavy metals, mercury, copper, and lead.
- They also evaluated its ability to stem soil and groundwater contamination by nutrients and heavy metals.
- For shallow soil contamination, heavy metals can be stabilized in place.
More definitions of heavy metalDefinition of heavy metal in:
- The British & World English dictionary