1A type of highly amplified harsh-sounding rock music with a strong beat, characteristically using violent or fantastic imagery.
- Before I had went to bed last night he was blasting some heavy metal rock music.
- This means hardcore fans of British heavy metal can finally get some respect.
- They have been smart enough to roll with the changes while staying true to their hard rock and heavy metal tunes.
2A metal of relatively high density, or of high relative atomic weight.
- For example, tobacco plants can absorb heavy metals, mercury, copper, and lead.
- They also evaluated its ability to stem soil and groundwater contamination by nutrients and heavy metals.
- For shallow soil contamination, heavy metals can be stabilized in place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.