- A form of chronic schizophrenia involving disordered thought, inappropriate emotions, hallucinations, and bizarre behavior.More example sentences
- The case presented illustrates this dream material and is compared with two other cases of hebephrenia previously published by the author which do not contain dream material.
- More important, however, is that in hebephrenia the ultimate disintegration of the personality is greater than in other types of schizophrenia.
- Another common type, which is also the most devastating, is disorganized schizophrenia, which is also known as hebephrenia.
- More example sentences
- Acute and catatonic forms of the illness were more prevalent in developing countries, whereas hebephrenic and chronic forms were more frequently seen in developed countries.
- Additionally, the drug-free group demonstrated fewer hebephrenic traits.
- The catalyst for this was predictably hebephrenic, typifying the whole Internet experience.
Pronunciation: /-ˈfrenik/adjective & noun
More definitions of hebephreniaDefinition of hebephrenia in:
- The British & World English dictionary