Definition of heightism in English:
Prejudice or discrimination against someone on the basis of their height.
- Further details, for those interested in the effects of heightism are available here.
- It is interesting that you brought up heightism in your email.
- Of course, height enhancers could speak out against heightism, while still relieving short children of the burden of growing up short.
heightist adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- He must have heard every heightist comment a billion times but still he keeps smiling.
- Now you run the risk of being called heightist by the vertically challenged.
- Any protagonist that isn't of normal height is censored so that the evil empire can continue with its heightist agenda.
Definition of heightism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan