Definition of helenium in English:
An American plant of the daisy family that bears many red to yellow flowers, each having a prominent central disk.
- Genus Helenium, family Compositae: many species, especially the sneezeweeds
- Heleniumshave a longer and more showy flowering period if rejuvenated from year to year.
- Dead-head daisies and heleniums to lengthen their season.
- Inula helenium, a large plant, related to the sunflower, which grows wild in Europe and has become naturalized in N. America.
Definition of helenium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan