Definition of helenium in English:
An American plant of the daisy family that bears many red to yellow flowers, each having a prominent central disk.
- Genus Helenium, family Compositae: many species, especially the sneezeweeds
- Heleniumshave a longer and more showy flowering period if rejuvenated from year to year.
- Dead-head daisies and heleniums to lengthen their season.
- Inula helenium, a large plant, related to the sunflower, which grows wild in Europe and has become naturalized in N. America.
Words that rhyme with heleniumproscenium, rhenium, ruthenium, selenium
Definition of helenium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.