Definition of helical in English:
Having the shape or form of a helix; spiral: helical molecules
More example sentences
- This serves as the starting point for optimization of the helices in the helical bundle.
- If a voltage is placed across the display, the helical shape is lost.
- It is perfectly realistic to imagine a helical arrangement of straight molecules, as already assumed.
- Example sentences
- Six wood panels set within slender steel frames open helically over 12 minutes, as the roof forms a star-like pattern and recalls traditional hoist technology used in theaters for centuries.
- On an automated conveyor, a roll unwound, with the continuous sheet sent into a machine that coiled it helically and then welded it automatically with a high-frequency pulse of energy.
- Leaves are parallel veined and appear to be helically arranged.
Definition of helical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan