adjectiveBack to top
Of the form of a helix or helicoid.
More example sentences
- Arthropod cuticle can produce unusual optical effects, analogous to solutions of liquid crystals, resulting from a layered, helicoid structure.
- The pin count for that cooler was 371 helicoid pins.
- This new helicoid pin design increases surface area for heat dissipation.
- More example sentences
- The pattern of currents was originally represented as a spiral or helicoidal flow, but more complex cells of circulation have since been identified which can influence the distribution of erosion and deposition.
- The energy is expressed in terms of the six helicoidal parameters: twist, tilt, roll, shift, slide, and rise.
- One could pursue this type of analysis further and compute, for example, the correlations between two different helicoidal parameters in different steps, etc.
Definition of helicoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary