Definition of hemagglutination in English:
nounMedicine & Biology
The clumping together of red blood cells.
- The diagnosis is confirmed by haemagglutination and complement fixation tests.
- Classically, diagnosis of dengue virus infection was carried out by haemagglutination inhibition test.
- Alternatively, the anti-sheep red blood cell hemagglutination test has been employed successfully in many species of wild birds.
- Example sentences
- The unit of toxin measure is the hemagglutinating unit.
- These findings suggest that the hemagglutinating activity may be due to different proteins or that other constituents of these fluids may interfere with this activity.
- All the Edmonston clones showed agglutination of monkey erythrocytes in isotonic solution while both vaccine strains hemagglutinated only in the presence of high salt concentrations.
Definition of hemagglutination in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.