- A bluish-black compound derived from hemoglobin by removal of the protein part and oxidation of the iron atom.More example sentences
- She received infusions of glucose and hematin, which gave her symptomatic relief.
- These tests detect haematin from partially digested blood in the stool.
- Our current impression is that haematin does curtail the clinical attack, and we frequently employ it.
mid 19th century: from Greek haima, haimat- 'blood' + -in1.
More definitions of hematinDefinition of hematin in:
- The British & World English dictionary