- Any substance that tends to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.More example sentences
- Every month, when students came for collection of hematinic, check was made for compliance and side effects.
- She had a smooth postoperative recovery and maintained her hematocrit postoperatively without any hematinics when reviewed in the outpatient clinic after two weeks.
- The patient was taken up for surgery 15 days after initiation of oral hematinics when his hemoglobin was measured to be 10.8 g.
adjectiveBack to top
- Tending to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.More example sentences
- Iron sucrose is a hematinic agent that was recently approved by the FDA for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis who are receiving concomitant erythropoietin therapy.
- Mothers were called every week and were made to consume the hematinic supplement in the clinic itself.
- Chromagen Forte® is now the #1 newly prescribed branded oral prescription hematinic product in the United States.