Definition of hematopoiesis in English:
Another term for hemopoiesis.
- We have already discussed the stem cells that are responsible for hematopoiesis, generation of neural cells, and renewal of the epidermis and the gut lining.
- The latter participate in numerous morphogenetic and physiological events, including hematopoiesis, through synergistic interactions with other transcriptional activators.
- These organs may become enlarged because they are trying to produce extra blood cells, a process called extramedullary hematopoiesis.
- Example sentences
- For example, brain and hematopoietic stem cells give rise only to neural tissue and blood cells, respectively.
- The progenitors of osteoclasts are from the hematopoietic cell line and the osteoblasts originate from the marrow stroma.
- Attempts at growing hematopoietic stem cells outside the body for clinical transplantation have not been encouraging.
Definition of hematopoiesis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia