- another term for hemopoiesis.More example sentences
- We have already discussed the stem cells that are responsible for hematopoiesis, generation of neural cells, and renewal of the epidermis and the gut lining.
- The latter participate in numerous morphogenetic and physiological events, including hematopoiesis, through synergistic interactions with other transcriptional activators.
- These organs may become enlarged because they are trying to produce extra blood cells, a process called extramedullary hematopoiesis.
- More example sentences
- For example, brain and hematopoietic stem cells give rise only to neural tissue and blood cells, respectively.
- The progenitors of osteoclasts are from the hematopoietic cell line and the osteoblasts originate from the marrow stroma.
- Attempts at growing hematopoietic stem cells outside the body for clinical transplantation have not been encouraging.
More definitions of hematopoiesisDefinition of hematopoiesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary