Definition of hemerocallis in English:
noun (plural same)
A plant of a genus that comprises the daylilies.
- Genus Hemerocallis, family Liliaceae
- In summer, traditional perennials take over, and peonies, irises and hemerocallis fill the flowery brook.
- Perennials such as iris or hemerocallis will show a noted decrease in blooms over the years if they are not divided.
- Geraniums, phloxes, eupatoriums and hemerocallis are split less often - perhaps every three to four years.
Definition of hemerocallis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan