- A semicircular shape or structure.More example sentences
- A cross-axis at the entrance hall opens to the left onto an elaborately shaped dining room - a square with intersecting hemicycles and a half-octagon - and to the right onto a ‘den’ with a half-octagonal porch beyond.
- This is one of the most successful small classical buildings of its period, with a widely spaced Roman Doric hemicycle, and a copper roof with a bulbous finial for the clock.
- Delaroche incorporated a widely admired portrait of Antonello da Messina in his 1841 hemicycle at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris.
More definitions of hemicycleDefinition of hemicycle in:
- The British & World English dictionary