- A mineral consisting of hydrated zinc silicate, typically occurring as flat white prisms.More example sentences
- Pseudomorphs of sphalerite after galena, tetrahedrite, barite, and calcite have been found; hemimorphite and smithsonite pseudomorphs after sphalerite are reported.
- Local collectors had tentatively identified it as willemite or smithsonite, based perhaps on the occurrence of botryoidal blue hemimorphite at the same locality.
- Historically, smithsonite is referred to as calamine in some descriptive literature, particularly that related to Great Britain and Australia, leading to confusion with hemimorphite if specific compositional data are lacking.
More definitions of hemimorphiteDefinition of hemimorphite in:
- The British & World English dictionary