Definition of hemiplegia in English:
Paralysis of one side of the body.
- Preventing recurrent falls in patients with nonmodifiable risks such as hemiplegia or joint deformities can be more challenging.
- Seven years earlier, he had been hospitalized because of the sudden onset of right hemiplegia and aphasia.
- About three years ago, she suffered a stroke that resulted in complete left-sided hemiplegia.
- Example sentences
- Because the incidence of cerebral infarction is high in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy, diagnostic testing for coagulation disorders should be considered.
- The organisation specialises in limbs for cerebral palsy-affected children and also for paraplegic and hemiplegic patients.
- This presentation, with paranoid delusions, hallucinations and anxiety, has been described in families with hemiplegic migraine.
Pronunciation: /-ˈplējik/noun& adjective
Definition of hemiplegia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia